U.S. Russia Foundation
College Internship Program
Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters
The U.S. Russia Foundation invites applications for its internship program in the Foundation’s Washington DC office for Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. USRF interns will have responsibilities in two areas: (1) supporting USRF staff in grant administration and management, and in the operation of the Washington office; and (2) researching, writing, and producing an in-house report for USRF Board members and staff on current trends in Russia and U.S.-Russia relations.
USRF interns will also participate in a program of seminars, discussions, and events to develop their expertise on Russia and knowledge of careers and professions in government, the private sector, and education.
Interns will work flexible schedules of 15-20 hours per week under the supervision of USRF staff. The Spring internship program runs from January 15 through May 31. The Summer internship program runs from June 1 through August 31. The Fall internship program runs from September 15 through December 31. Interns will receive a monthly stipend of $1200 and support for public transportation costs in the DC metro area.
An applicant must:
- Be a current full-time undergraduate student at an accredited U.S. college or university with a focus on Russian studies (in any academic discipline)
- Have completed at least 2 years of Russian language studies or the equivalent
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a U.S. or Russian citizen eligible for work authorization
Applications for Spring are due by December 1st; Summer applications are due by April 30th, and applications for Fall are due by August 1st. These should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should submit:
- A letter of interest that includes: your background, your interest in Russia, and what you think USRF should be doing to advance its mission (see the USRF website http://usrf.us )
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors, instructors, or teaching assistants
- A current university transcript